soc_puppet: Dreamsheep, its wool patterned after the Nonbinary Pride flag, in horizontal stripes of yellow, white, purple, and black; the Dreamwidth logo echoes these colors. (Nonbinary)
[personal profile] soc_puppet posting in [community profile] queerly_beloved
Strolling up to this week's Thursday Recs!


Do you have a rec for this week? Just reply to this post with something queer or queer-adjacent (such as, soap made by a queer person that isn't necessarily queer themed) that you'd, well, recommend. Self-recs are welcome, as are recs for fandom-related content!

Or have you tried something that's been recced here? Do you have your own report to share about it? I'd love to hear about it!

Date: 2026-08-28 02:11 am (UTC)
matsushima: our inclinations are hidden in books (lazy day)
From: [personal profile] matsushima
This one comes via my mom, who is not on Dreamwidth: she's reading Two Women Living Together, which is about, well, two women living together in South Korea as chosen family. I don't know if the authors identify as LGBTQIA+ but choosing to live with another woman as your nonromantic life partner is pretty queer! (Honestly, it sounds like they're living the dream…)
Edited (HTML fail) Date: 2026-08-28 02:12 am (UTC)

Date: 2026-08-29 01:18 pm (UTC)
fred_mouse: line drawing of sheep coloured in queer flag colours with dream bubble reading 'dreamwidth' (Default)
From: [personal profile] fred_mouse

I am reading She and Her Pretty Friend, reasonably sure that the author is Danielle Scrimshaw, but I left my copy at work, so can't check it. It isn't the most rivetting of non-fiction writing, but the author has done some interesting dives into queer Australian women (so far, I think all white? but I'm a third of the way in).

Profile

queerly_beloved: The original Gilbert Baker pride flag merged with the Philly pride flag, rotated ninety degrees, and ending in the Queer pride chevron at the bottom (Default)
Queerly Beloved

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12 345
6789 101112
13141516 171819
20212223 242526
27282930   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 28th, 2026 01:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios